Current Issues & Areas of Impact
Updates from the HBAG Regulatory Affairs Committee
Click below for updates from RAC Consultant Bettie Sleeth, 2019/2020 RAC Chairman Bradley Jones
- RAC Update November 2019
- RAC Update July 2019
- RAC Update May 2019
- RAC Update – January 2019
- RAC Update – September 2018
- RAC Update – August 2018
- RAC Update – May 2017
- RAC Update – February 2017
- RAC Update – December 2016
- RAC Update – October 2016
- RAC Update – June 2016
- RAC Update – January 2016
- RAC Update – December 2015
How to Obtain License
Click here for types of Residential & General Contractors requiring a license and how to obtain a license.
Click here for exam information.
Click here for financial and insurance requirements.
THE 2020 DEADLINE WILL BE JUNE 30th, 2020. STAY TUNED FOR INFORMATION REGARDING THE 2020 DEADLINE.
When it is time to renew your Georgia Professional Residential or General Contractor’s License, here are some guidelines.
Visit http://www.sos.ga.gov/plb before the deadline to renew. Click on the License Renewal link to begin the renewal process. The online renewal process takes only a few minutes. After updating both your physical and your mailing addresses, and your email address, and answering the renewal questions, you may pay using your American Express, Mastercard, or Visa using the secure server.
Please submit Continuing Education documents if you are selected for audit. Please do not submit continuing education documents unless you are selected for audit.
Submit your renewal online in minutes – just follow these quick and easy steps:
- Visit the Georgia Online Licensing site at www.sos.ga.gov/plb (Free internet access is available at every Georgia Public Library)
- Click on the License Renewal link to begin the renewal process.
- Step-by-step instructions may be found here: www.sos.ga.gov/plb/renewal_process.htm
- NOTE: Facilities may not submit an address change during renewal. Address changes require submission of a new application.
- Individual license holders please update your mailing and physical location addresses, phone number, e-mail address and answer the renewal questions.
- Pay your renewal fee(s) using your American Express, Mastercard, or Visa on the secure server.
- Print your receipt of payment.
- Verify your renewal online.
- Print your license online.
AVOID ADDITIONAL DELAY & LATE FEES BY RENEWING ON TIME!
Burning Ban Began May 1, 2019
On May 1, the Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD) open burning ban took effect for 54 Georgia counties. The open burning ban has been in place during the summer ozone season since 2005.
The EPD open burning ban prohibits citizens and businesses from burning yard and land-clearing debris from May 1 through September 30. This is in addition to the rule that prohibits the burning of household garbage. Burning household garbage is never allowed anywhere in Georgia.
See the documents below regarding Arc Fault Protection.